This page contains the necessary policies and disclaimers for this website (effectiviology.com), which is maintained by me (Itamar Shatz). For any questions about the site and its policies, you can contact me through the contact page.
Preface and summary
This page contains all the information that I need to include on the site from a legal perspective. I tried to make it as short and as accessible as possible, but the short, non-legal version is this:
- This website represents my unofficial opinion, which is based on research that I conducted on each topic. I can’t guarantee that I’m right, and I don’t take responsibility for the information that’s on this website or for what people choose to do with it.
- I collect anonymous data on how people use this website (e.g. how long the average person spends reading a certain page), like most other sites on the internet. Also, if you choose to sign up to the mailing list, send me an email, or send me a message through the contact page, then that information is also collected (obviously). However, I don’t share this information with any third parties.
- I may sometimes recommend certain products or use affiliate links, when I believe that the products that I’m recommending are relevant to the topic I’m writing about, and can benefit my readers.
General Disclaimer / Waiver of Liability
The content on this website is based on my opinion, which I form after conducting research on the topic. This website is not a certified source of medical or legal advice, and all the information on this website is considered purely unofficial advice. I take no responsibility in any way for the actions of its readers. I am also not responsible for the publishing of content from this website on other sites or media.
In addition, if you choose to send me any information, then it will be collected. For example, this means that:
- If you subscribe to the mailing list, then obviously I’m collecting your email address.
- If you send me a contact message which includes your name and email, then those details are collected too.
- If you send me any information through email or through the website’s contact page, then that information is also collected.
I reserve the right to retain all this data and information indefinitely.
I don’t share your personal information with third-parties.
All this data/information is encrypted and protected.
If you would like me to delete any information that you sent me, or if you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact me.
Note: the site’s security system also collects information about background data such as the IP address of visitors, in order to check for malicious activity and protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. This information is retained by them for 14 days.
All the content on this website is written and edited by me, unless specified otherwise. The articles on the website represent my opinion, which is based on what I was able to find out through research. However, please keep the following things in mind:
- The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely my own; I do not purport to represent anyone else.
- While I always base my writing on what I believe are viable sources, none of this is guaranteed to be correct. Any claim that you find on this website should be verified using your own research process (note: this is good advice in general).
- I may sometimes recommend certain products on this site, or use affiliate links (e.g. through the Amazon Affiliate Program). If I do this, it’s because I believe that the item at hand is relevant to the information presented on the site.
I reserve the right to update these policies and disclaimers at a later date. When I do, I will notify that a change has been made by updating the following date, which represents the last time that these policies were updated: May 25, 2018.
Copyright © Effectiviology, 2016 – Present. All rights reserved.